See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Plant Operator Earthmoving Equipment
- Full time position, Deer Park VIC
- Day/Afternoon/Night shift available
- Join a team committed to ‘Zero Harm’
Plant Operator Earthmoving Equipment Deer Park
Cleanaway is the largest, publicly listed waste management company in Australia. They work with a diverse range of customers from small businesses through to government agencies and large multi-national clients. They also believe that all waste is a resource and aim to incorporate recovery, recycling and refuse throughout operations and those of there clients.
Cleanaway employs over 4,000 people from a wide range of cultures, educational and career backgrounds, and ages. Actively promote equal opportunity and employ, train, develop and promote employees based on merit, according to their interests, skills and ability. They are committed to building a safe working environment and ensuring the well being of all there employees.
About the role
You will be responsible for the efficient operation of a wide variety of plant and equipment associated with the management of waste products. Working with our customers and your internal peers you will ensure waste products are processed safely, and in compliance with our license to operate, you will also be responsible for meeting compaction KPI’s.
Some of the activities you will be involved in are:
- Perform all tasks related to daily land filling operations
- Perform loading and unloading duties of waste by forklift or other plant equipment
- Diagnose and rectify faults in the plant and/or equipment
- Ensure all tools and equipment is safe to use & stored in a clean & correct manner
- Undertake general daily maintenance activities related to the plant and its operation; and
- Provide direction and assist in the training of less experienced Operators
The ideal candidate will have:
- Valid drivers license (HR license favorable) and associated tickets for mobile plant
- Moderate experience operating earth moving equipment
- Strong customer service ethic
- Pride in maintenance and presentation of equipment along with a strong commitment to safety
- Ability to meet delivery outcomes, supported by accurate record keeping skills
- Experience in waste industry would be an advantage, as would a First Aid Certificate
In return you will be challenged by a growth focused and results oriented culture, supported by strong leadership. Compelling vision for a sustainable future will ensure you remain engaged and focused on continuous improvement. Your remuneration will reflect your capability and your drive, energy and passion for your profession will be valued, rewarded and recognized.
How you apply
Cleanaway encourages and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applicants for this role will be required to meet Cleanaway’s employment criteria which will include providing evidence of your right to work in Australia. Where relevant to the role, this may also include a satisfactory medical assessment with drug and alcohol testing, psychometric testing and the provision of a satisfactory Driving History from the relevant State Authority.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please forward your resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply”.
Click Apply for Plant Operator Earthmoving Equipment Deer Park