Plant Mechanic Welshpool
Plant Mechanic Welshpool Mining Construction
- Monday to Saturday work
- Permanent opportunity
- Welshpool location
TASKS AND DUTIES
- Carrying out scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections on earthmoving equipment
- Diagnosis / fault finding and troubleshooting on Heavy Equipment
- Working with site personnel towards common goals, targets and achieve deadlines
- Risk Assessments for every task, maintaining and focusing on safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Ensure company safety procedures, safe working practices and Safety Lifesaving Rules are strictly followed, to achieve zero harm and incidents
- Mechanical Trade Qualification (HD Diesel Fitter or Mechanical Fitter or Fitter/Machinist)
- Valid current Drivers Licence
- Diagnose faults with Komatsu and Caterpillar equipment, in particular fault diagnosis during dismantling and inspection process and component testing using associated testing equipment.
- Experience on Wheel Motor Rebuilds
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work in remote areas and unsupervised.
- Dedicated to fulfilling internal and external customer requirements
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
How to apply
If you meet the essential criteria please click apply now or email your resumeClick Apply for Plant Mechanic Welshpool Mining Construction
This job for Plant Mechanic will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.