See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Permanent HV Electrician Jobs Mackay
Market Competitive Pay Rate + Penalties + Super + Allowances
About the Role:
Stellar Recruitment are searching to hire HV Electricians for work in the Mackay & Coalfields region.
- Permanent Field Service – HV Electrician
- Even Time Roster or 5/2
- Work for a world renowned OEM
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity for a Field Service Electrician reporting directly to the Mackay branch. You will be required to have an exceptional understanding of mobile plant maintenance and a proven ability with fault finding and diagnostics. This position will require you to have developed interpersonal skills coupled with a track record in previous mining related maintenance roles.
- General servicing, maintenance and repairs to the electric truck fleet
- Fault finding and troubleshooting (reading and interpreting schematics)
- Electrical diagnostics
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
Skills & Experience:
- Trade Qualified Electrical Fitter Mechanic
- Excellent PM and breakdown knowledge
- Komatsu experience essential
- Previous experience working on electric drive trucks
- High Voltage Switching Tickets
- Extensive experience in open cut coal mining
- Current Coal Board Medical, Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Beneficial tickets – WAH, Forklift, Dogging, EWP, Crane etc.
Benefits of *Permanent HV Electrician Jobs Mackay:
- Permanent Job with company benefits
- Work ute supplied with phone and laptop
- Market competitive pay rate + penalties + super + allowances
- Career development opportunities and OEM Training
- Relocation assistance on offer
About the Company:
Stellar Recruitment are have partnered with a reputable mining client who has a focus on employing the best people to offer a variety of opportunities to learn, grow and advance. With a commitment to high performance, culture and working with integrity, their employees are encouraged to give it their all.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website