If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Hydraulic Hose Fitters – Bowen Basin
PARKER HANNIFIN, Australia’s only single source supplier of fluid power and fluid connector products is currently seeking the services of Hydraulic Hose Fitters in the Bowen Basin area. The applicants must be prepared to work varying 12-hour shift rotating rosters.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out of hose & fitting assembly manufacture as required to a high standard
- Ensuring hydraulic hose assemblies on all machines are in good working condition
- Manufacture fit and removal of hydraulic hoses from mobile and fixed plant
- Deliver consistent, high quality service to our Customers
Ideally, the successful candidate will be highly motivated with a mechanical trade qualification and at least 3 years proven experience in a service environment.
- Proven experience with hydraulic hose assembly & fitting
- HR Drivers License
- Previous Mine Site exposure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Applications in writing with resume should be forwarded to:
- Human Resources Manager
- Hydraulic Hose Fitter – QLD”
PARKER HANNIFIN (AUSTRALIA) PTY LIMITED
- Private Bag 4, Castle Hill NSW 1765
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please click APPLY NOW by the button below
Click Apply for Parker Hannifin Hydraulic Hose Fitters – Bowen Basin
iMINCO Tip: Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list