Painter & Blaster Jobs Mackay
Competitive Pay, Mackay/Rockhampton
UGL are currently taking expressions of interest for trade qualified Painters & Blasters with coal mining experience for DIDO work. On average 3 days per week within the Bowen Basin. Desirable candidates need to live local to Mackay/Rockhampton.
To be considered for a role you will possess the following:
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Cert III Surface Finishing)
- Current High Risk Work Licence with RB, LF, and EWP
- Work at Heights valid within 2 years
- Confined Space valid within 2 years
- Driver’s Licence
- Coal board medical within 5 years
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* or BMA Core (Statement of Attainment)
What they offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Various Shifts and rosters dependent on specific project requirements
- A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
What makes you right for UGL:
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
Apply Here for Painter & Blaster Jobs Mackay
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.