Operator Mining Jobs Mackay
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will be working on a 7:7 Days only roster. You will primarily be responsible for operating mobile plant equipment including Dozers, Excavators and Loaders. Not all equipment experience is essential but highly desirable. You’ll be required to get your hands dirty with heavy lifting involved.
Key responsibilities for *Operator Mining Jobs Mackay* include:
- Demonstrated commitment to their goal of Zero Harm (for their people, their equipment and their environment)
- Operating various mobile plant including Dozer, Excavator and Grader
- Manual handling, lifting and moving heavy pipes
- Commitment to all site safety standards and requirements
- Completion of pre-starts, care & maintenance of mobile plant
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Hold valid tickets and RII's [...Learn about RII's] certificates (must have been obtained within the last 5 years) to operate equipment – Dozer (essential) and either Excavator or Loader
- Have mine or quarry site experience – essential
- Have a positive, proactive approach to safety
- Have a strong work ethic and a commitment to putting the client first
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- A valid Coal Board Medical – Section 4
- A valid Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* certificate
- HR Driver Licence
- Mechanical ability
At Bis they support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. They offer many benefits to their employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach their shared goals. Their progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of their people working in a high performing and agile culture.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII).
If your job means you must access a a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11. This course can not be completed online. Find out more about how you can complete the Standard 11 Mining Induction at a location close to you
You can book your course here and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.