Operator Mining Jobs Mackay
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will be working on a 7:7 Days only roster. You will primarily be responsible for operating mobile plant equipment including Dozers, Excavators and Loaders. Not all equipment experience is essential but highly desirable. You’ll be required to get your hands dirty with heavy lifting involved.
Key responsibilities for *Operator Mining Jobs Mackay* include:
- Demonstrated commitment to their goal of Zero Harm (for their people, their equipment and their environment)
- Operating various mobile plant including Dozer, Excavator and Grader
- Manual handling, lifting and moving heavy pipes
- Commitment to all site safety standards and requirements
- Completion of pre-starts, care & maintenance of mobile plant
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Hold valid tickets and RII's [...Learn about RII's] certificates (must have been obtained within the last 5 years) to operate equipment – Dozer (essential) and either Excavator or Loader
- Have mine or quarry site experience – essential
- Have a positive, proactive approach to safety
- Have a strong work ethic and a commitment to putting the client first
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- A valid Coal Board Medical – Section 4
- A valid Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* certificate
- HR Driver Licence
- Mechanical ability
At Bis they support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. They offer many benefits to their employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach their shared goals. Their progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of their people working in a high performing and agile culture.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.