Drill Operator – WA Gold Fields Kambalda – Kalgoorlie
Drill Operator Jobs Gold Fields Australia. Reporting to Drill & Blast Supervisor, Deliver quality drilling services. Kambalda – Kalgoorlie WA.
A great opportunity to get into drilling in Western Australia. Reporting to the Drill & Blast Supervisor, this job means you will be responsible for providing quality and timely drilling services in a production drilling role.
This job is offered on a 5 days on, 5 nights on, 5 days off roster and would require you to live close enough to Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
Key responsibilities include:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times.
- Mining safely and promote a safe working environment for you and your crew;
- Assist drill and blast supervisor where required.
- Operate Atlas Copco F9C/L7 top hammer production drill.
- Ensuring production goals are achieved by working collaboratively with the mining team.
Key factors to your success include:
- Previous experience in surface mining operations, operating F9C/L7 Drill Rigs is essential;
- HR license is essential;
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks at a consistent standard;
- Record of safe surface mining practices is essential;
- Dangerous Goods Security Card is essential
- Having an understanding of machinery, knowledge of engines, drive systems and demonstrate care of equipment is advantageous.
- Holding an Apply First Aid Certificate is desirable.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this drill operator job. If you want to apply, don’t send in your regular resume and cover letter!!
What you need to do is edit it and mention some of the requirements in the job ad, or your application could be automatically rejected because your resume could be scanned by computer software looking for keywords to match with the job.
The keywords contained in this ad – ‘F9C/L7 Drill Rigs’, ‘Dangerous Goods Security Card’, ‘Apply First Aid Certificate’, ‘Drill Operator’ – for instance.
This job for Operator Drill could receive a lot of applicants, so make yourself stand out from everyone else. Spend a little bit of time targeting your cover letter and resume.
NOTE: Always send your resume attached as a WORD document, never send as a PDF, because PDF’s can not be read effectively by scanning software.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.