See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Operator – Curragh
Opportunities exist for skilled and experienced Mobile Plant Operators who will form part of and contribute to the Mine Operations Department of a Bowen Basin Mine.This is an initial 12 week contract doing dozer push and may become permanent for the right candidates. Meals and accommodation are supplied as part of your remuneration.
Pre-Requisites for this position include:
- Black Coal Competencies / RII Dozer Operations etc.
- Minimum 12 months mobile plant operating experience
- Current S11 Induction
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Driver’s License
- Negative Drug & Alcohol Test within 5 days of induction
- A willingness to work rotating 5 & 5 rosters
It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, and experienced Mobile Plant Operators who will form part of and contribute to the Mine Operations Department of a Bowen Basin Mine.
To apply for this position, click the “apply button“and attach an up to date resume.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.