You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Operator Coal Mining – L3
EXPERIENCED DOZER OPERATORS
- 6 On 6 Off Roster Shifts – D/N
- Immediate Start
- Dragline Crew
WorkPac are currently seeking Experienced Dozer Operator to join their team at a Mine Site in the Bowen Basin. The client requires Operators with Positive work attitude; Must be willing to work autonomously as well as within a workgroup. Previous mining experience essential.
An absolute commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace is essential. It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with mine working procedures.
- Must have Minimum D11 and Rii’s
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current Coal Board Medical – Section 4 – conducted within 2 years
- Right to Work in Australia
- Current Driver’s License
- Ability to contribute and work positively within a team environment
- Sound Work History and Safety performance Record with in Mining.
- 2 Years Proven history Mining History.
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- 16M / 24M Graders Rii’s
- 3600 Excavators Rii’s
This Role Offer
- Immediate Start – Ongoing Opportunity
- 6 On 6 Off Roster
- Meals and Accommodation Provided
- $44.15 per hour
You will be required to produce verification of competencies for the above mentioned tickets and have a minimum 2 years experience operating within a mining capacity.
Please note: that the on-boarding process for these roles will require a validation of competencies, reference checks, interview and pre employment medical and drug and alcohol test.
To apply for this position, click the “apply button“and attach an up to date resume.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.