Operations Manager/SSE Jobs
Location: Yarrabee Mine, Blackwater Qld
Yancoal is looking for an Operations Manager to lead our Yarrabee Mine site situated in Blackwater, Qld. This role will report directly to the General Manager QLD/WA and will be responsible for the performance and continuous improvement of the mine and related infrastructure, to ensure all operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be required to develop and work to set budgets while encouraging continuous improvement across the team to deliver optimal operating efficiencies.
This role will work a Monday to Friday roster and local accommodation is available to the successful applicant.
Skills & Experience:
Your proven experience and extensive leadership capability will see you inspire, engage and lead the site Leadership Team. You will be a cultural game changer who will thrive on driving an inclusive and engaged workforce. The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Developing financial management and budgeting skills
- Ability to lead a team and develop a strong workplace culture
- High level of communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated skills in risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance
- Able to provide technical advice and coaching
- Able to demonstrate courage to uphold standards, policies and procedures
- Basic computer literacy – able to use MS Office suite of programs.
- Working knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations and how they pertain to individual and supervisor obligations
- Demonstrated understanding of plant & machinery within the mining environment and how to apply “best” fit of same
- Previous experience in providing leadership to effect project and operational success in an Open Cut Mining environment
- Experienced at leading and mentoring direct reports
- Highly developed operating skills on a wide range of earthmoving equipment
- Degree or Diploma in an associated discipline (highly desirable)
- SSE Qualification (highly desirable
- Supervisor Competency & Risk Management Competencies (including G2, G3, G7 & S1,2,3)
- Current Australian Open Driver’s Licence (mandatory)
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Mine Induction (Surface)
- QLD Coal Board Medical
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- Local Housing supplied in Blackwater, QLD.
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
About the business:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal their people are their most valuable asset and they invest in developing their management and leadership talent throughout their operations.
Cameby Downs is a small open cut thermal coal mine in the Surat Basin in Southern Queensland, between Chinchilla and Miles. They currently employee approximately 120 people, and aim to support their people with opportunities for training and career development.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.