Operations Manager/SSE Jobs
Location: Yarrabee Mine, Blackwater Qld
Yancoal is looking for an Operations Manager to lead our Yarrabee Mine site situated in Blackwater, Qld. This role will report directly to the General Manager QLD/WA and will be responsible for the performance and continuous improvement of the mine and related infrastructure, to ensure all operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be required to develop and work to set budgets while encouraging continuous improvement across the team to deliver optimal operating efficiencies.
This role will work a Monday to Friday roster and local accommodation is available to the successful applicant.
Skills & Experience:
Your proven experience and extensive leadership capability will see you inspire, engage and lead the site Leadership Team. You will be a cultural game changer who will thrive on driving an inclusive and engaged workforce. The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Developing financial management and budgeting skills
- Ability to lead a team and develop a strong workplace culture
- High level of communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated skills in risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance
- Able to provide technical advice and coaching
- Able to demonstrate courage to uphold standards, policies and procedures
- Basic computer literacy – able to use MS Office suite of programs.
- Working knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations and how they pertain to individual and supervisor obligations
- Demonstrated understanding of plant & machinery within the mining environment and how to apply “best” fit of same
- Previous experience in providing leadership to effect project and operational success in an Open Cut Mining environment
- Experienced at leading and mentoring direct reports
- Highly developed operating skills on a wide range of earthmoving equipment
- Degree or Diploma in an associated discipline (highly desirable)
- SSE Qualification (highly desirable
- Supervisor Competency & Risk Management Competencies (including G2, G3, G7 & S1,2,3)
- Current Australian Open Driver’s Licence (mandatory)
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Mine Induction (Surface)
- QLD Coal Board Medical
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- Local Housing supplied in Blackwater, QLD.
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
About the business:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal their people are their most valuable asset and they invest in developing their management and leadership talent throughout their operations.
Cameby Downs is a small open cut thermal coal mine in the Surat Basin in Southern Queensland, between Chinchilla and Miles. They currently employee approximately 120 people, and aim to support their people with opportunities for training and career development.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.