Open Cut Examiner Jobs
WorkPac are looking for Open Cut Examiners to start work out in the Bowen Basin region.
• Lifestyle rotating rosters
• Meals and camp accommodation provided
• Award Rates
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work rotating life style roster at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
• Pre-start checks
• Maintain equipment
• Operate equipment safely
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Proven OCE Experience
• Drivers Licence
• RII's [...Learn about RII's]’s, or proven experience with skills list
• Coal Board Medical (or willing to obtain)
• Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* (or willing to obtain)
• Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
• High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
• Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
• A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
• Camp and meals provided
• Life Style Roster, rotating days and nights
• Ongoing opportunities.
About the Client
The Hail Creek open cut coal mine in the Bowen Basin Region of Central Queensland, that is located 120 kilometres from Mackay, supplies up to eight million tonnes of hard coking coal to steel mills in Asia and Europe each year.
The client is one of Australia’s leading mining companies, with an established record for developing and managing world standard open cut, as well as underground, coal mines. The Hail Creek Mine is an example of the company providing more than simply providing local employment opportunities and ensuring economic growth for the area as it also works to create positive outcomes for the wider Mackay Region.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.