If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Open Cut Examiner Jobs
WorkPac are searching for Open Cut Examiners to start work out in the Bowen Basin region.
• Lifestyle rotating rosters
• Meals and camp accommodation provided
• Award Rates
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work rotating life style roster at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
• Pre-start checks
• Maintain equipment
• Operate equipment safely
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Proven OCE Experience
• Drivers Licence
• RII’s, or proven experience with skills list
• Coal Board Medical (or willing to obtain)
• Current Standard 11 Induction Training (or willing to obtain)
• Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
• High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
• Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
• A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
• Camp and meals provided
• Life Style Roster, rotating days and nights
• Ongoing opportunities.
About the Client
The Hail Creek open cut coal mine in the Bowen Basin Region of Central Queensland, that is located 120 kilometres from Mackay, supplies up to eight million tonnes of hard coking coal to steel mills in Asia and Europe each year.
The client is one of Australia’s leading mining companies, with an established record for developing and managing world standard open cut, as well as underground, coal mines. The Hail Creek Mine is an example of the company providing more than simply providing local employment opportunities and ensuring economic growth for the area as it also works to create positive outcomes for the wider Mackay Region.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.