Experienced CHPP Operator – Coal Mine Site
Anglo American, together with WorkPac, is currently seeking experienced CHPP Operators to join their team at a mine based in the Bowen Basin for an ongoing and long term project.
- Camp and meals provided
- Ongoing role with the option of max term contracts
- Competitive hourly rate ($55.00)
Successful applicants will have an absolute commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace is essential. It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with mine working procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training – Statement of Attainment
- Minimum 2 years coal mining experience in a Coal Handling Processing Plant
- Negative Drug and Alcohol Test
- Safety conscious attitude and understanding that compliance to site policies and procedures is a legal responsibility as a Coal Mine Worker
- RIIPRO301A Conduct Crush&Screen Plant Op or relevant on the job experience
- RIIPBE308A Thickening&Clarifying Process or relevant on the job experience
- RIIMCP301A Monitor Coal Prep Plant Op’s or relevant on the job experience
- RIIPRO302A Perform Process Control Room or relevant on the job experience
What’s on offer:
- Full PPE (5 shirts and 5 pants)
- Transport to and from site/camp daily
- Camp and Meals provided
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
At WorkPac, they recognize they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Open Cut Coal Mining – CHPP Operator Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.