If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
OCE/Supervisor Mining Jobs QLD
Gladstone & Central QLD, Full Time
Sojitz Coal Mining are searching for OCE/Supervisors for work in Gladstone & central QLD. If you possess your S1, S2 & S3 and G2 qualifications be sure to shoot them over a resume!
Due to increased operational demand they are seeking competent and experienced Open Cut Examiners to join their team. As part of a dynamic team the opportunity is yours to develop and strengthen your technical and operational skills to meet business requirements and maximise your abilities. The role will predominately be based at Gregory Mine but may also cover other Sojitz sites when required. These frontline leadership positions are responsible for managing the safe production activities of coal, Coaching/ Mentoring employee’s to unlock their potential and support the business in achieving their financial and production objectives.
The successful candidate will be a team player who always prioritises safety. You will need to possess a strong understanding of Queensland Coal Mining legislation and its practical application and have demonstrated experience in; crew leadership, work order allocation, compliance with site SHMS & maintaining appropriate behavioural standards.
The above will be achieved and supported by:
- Driving a Safety First working environment.
- Planning and maintaining effective shifts to ensure targets are met.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members.
- Build and maintain a culture of respect for fellow employees, safety obligations, contractors and customers alike.
- Work along-side team members to educate and provide expert advice where required.
- Monitor onsite activities to ensure compliance with the Safety & Health Management System including undertaking routine day to day safety audits, inspections and risk assessments.
- Conduct regular safety briefings with mining personnel.
- Investigate and report all incidents in a timely manner and participate in accident/incident investigations where the incident occurred whilst on duty.
- Initiate safety improvement projects and programs.
To be successful you will require:
- Open Cut Examiner Certificate
- Supervisors qualifications; S1, S2 & S3 and G2 competencies
- Current Queensland Generic Induction (Standard 11 Induction Training)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Display well developed written and verbal communication skills
Benefits for OCE/Supervisor Mining Jobs QLD:
- Competitive salary and employment conditions
- Family friendly roster, ideally suited for locally based candidates
- Company supplied transport to and from site
- Training and development opportunities
If you are tired of FIFO / DIDO, Emerald provides a diverse community with many benefits of living amongst the 13,000 population. A progressive Central Highlands region providing public and private schooling (both primary and secondary), CQ Uni Campus and has all the conveniences you would expect to find in a larger city, including sporting, shopping, cinema, good restaurants and an inclusive and welcoming town.
If you possess these skills send your Expression of Interest Cover Letter with your CV. The closing date for this role is 30 November 2019, however Sojitz may commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Why get your Supervisor qualifications?
This Supervisor course will give you the qualifications to help you step up into a more responsible role as a leading hand, Supervisor or a designated Site Safety and Health Representative.
As a S1, S2 & S3 qualified Supervisor, you’re viewed as a trusted manager/team leader. Someone who can be relied upon to get things done as well as someone who knows their job and can manage people in a natural and nonthreatening way.
Supervisor roles also get you ready for much bigger pay cheques!
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.