If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
See more jobs in the Coal Induction category.
The Federal Court has thrown out a bid by an environmental group to stop work at Whitehaven’s Maules Creek mine, near Narrabri.
The Northern Inland Council for the Environment had sought an injunction to stop Whitehaven clearing forest areas in preparation for construction of the mine.
Whitehaven says Maules Creek is one of NSW’s last major undeveloped coal deposits that will double its production and last for at least 30 years.
Whitehaven`s managing director and CEO, Paul Flynn, welcomed the decision, adding that the project was still on target.
“This is obviously a positive result for the company,” Flynn said.
“Coal production is on target for the first quarter of 2015.””
A court decision in November will establish whether the mine can go ahead.
To date, the investment in Maules Creek has been $160-million of the $767 million in capital required to develop the resource. This has been spent in developing the coal handling and preparation plant as well as initial real estate purchases.
Whitehaven Coal management has said there will be a flurry of construction activity, starting with the construction of the rail spur to connect into the existing railway to the Port of Newcastle and subsequent rail loop to start in late 2013. The build time is expected to be around 12-months, with other construction works searching to be completed within the same period.
NSW Mining Jobs
The good news for mining jobs in NSW is that the Maules Creek project would employ around 340 workers and contractors during the build phase. Expectations are for 470 mining jobs to be created to run the mining operations. This includes extraction, handling and logistics. The coal mine will be run by permanent staff as well as selective contractors.
About Whitehaven Coal
With a workforce which surpasses 1000 people over the next 5 years, they have a high quality portfolio of producing mines and are developing 3 of the most significant new coal projects in Australia with theunderground longwall operation and 3 existing open cut mines in NSW’s Gunnedah Basin.
NSW jobs in mining at Maules Creek
There will be a rush on to secure a slice of the action in terms of mining jobs. This is a big project and at iMINCO, we would like to remind you how to get in on the action.
- Do your research on Whitehaven Coal and the Maules Creek project
- Whitehaven are searching for smart, committed, motivated people who value a dynamic culture and quick decision making. Make sure this is reflected in your social media profile. Don’t give any reason for a mining company to block your application. They will look to social media FIRST, to get an insight into your personal profile.
- Make sure your mining resume is up-to-date, is mining focused and your tickets, qualifications and coal board medical is current.
- Read as much as you can about the mining company’s latest developments such as the latest Whitehaven Coal Australian Stock Exchange information. or the latest
- Click here to view and apply for current Whitehaven open cut mine vacancies.
- Click here to view and apply for current Whitehaven underground mine vacancies.
- Click here to view and apply for current Whitehaven vacancies in other fields.
- Sign up for news and with Whitehaven Coal
- Get our FREE Project News newsletter for up-to-date information on Maules Creek jobs and Whitehaven Coal news
More Whitehaven Coal and Maules Creek news and information
- NSW Mining Jobs With Whitehaven Coal
- Mining Careers NSW
- Maules Creek Mining Jobs (NSW)
- Mining jobs NSW
Reference: Whitehaven Coal | Maules Creek Mining Project Approval | NSW Mining Jobs Update