If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multi-Skilled Excavator Production Operator
One Key Resources is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
PERMANENT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE – join a winning team!!!!
One Key Resources is proud to announce our involvement with Mount Pleasant Operation where they will be providing skilled labour to the Mining Contractor (Thiess).
The Mount Pleasant Operation is currently being developed by MACH Energy Australia. One Key Resources will offer the Hunter Valley community permanent full-time and sustainable employment opportunities with an overall objective to build strong values- based teams who embody safety and team work. This is not your regular project and partnering client encourages a positive and inclusive work culture from the top down.
As operations have commenced at Mount Pleasant, One Key are currently recruiting experienced and locally-based Haul Truck/Multi-Skilled & Excavator Operators.
To be successful in these positions you will have strong safety values, a high level of skill and a desire to contribute to a high performing team and be part of a successful operation.
The successful candidates will have:
Demonstrated experience with various forms of Heavy Earthmoving Equipment
- Experience operating CAT 785 or similar
- Experience operating 996 digger or similar size
- Experience operating D10 Dozers or similar size
- Digger all loading techniques whilst operating trucks, maintain the bench etc.
- Dozer floor and dump experience
- 16M Grader experience haul roads dump and dig floors
- 777 water cart experience
- Verified competencies
- A positive and can do attitude
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. birth certificate, passport or citizenship certificate)
- A strong safety culture and willingness to engage in activities that seek to support that positive culture
- Adaptability to change as the operation progresses
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment
In return, these positions offer
- Long-term work opportunities
- Permanent full-time contracts
- Annual leave and sick leave entitlements
- Lifestyle roster, 12 hour shifts, Day shift only (Mine anticipated to go to 24 hour operation early 2019)
- Inclusive and supportive work environment
- Potential for career advancement and development
- Residential role – be home every night!
If you fit the above requirements then look no further and apply online now! You’re One Key away from opening a door to a new future! One Key Resources are committed to developing a diverse workforce, they encourage Women and Indigenous candidates to apply.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for MultiSkilled Excavator Production Mining Operator Newcastle
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.