Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multiple HV Electrician 7/7 Roster Mine Jobs in QLD
- $60/hour + Super on all Hours
- 7/7 Roster + BIBO Mackay and Rockhampton
- Temp to Perm Roles after 3 Months + Long Term Positions
The client, a well-established mining contractor with multiple projects in Queensland is seeking 5 experienced HV Electricians for two of their key operations in the Central Bowen Basin.
About the Role:
Within this role you are required to be a HV specialist carrying out services and repairs to a fleet of Komatsu electric drive dump trucks as well as Liebherr T264 electric drive dump trucks, and any associated equipment. You will work closely with the site’s maintenance personnel to achieve maximum vehicle availability and minimize downtime.
- Workshop servicing, maintenance and repairs to the electric truck fleet
- In field servicing and attending to breakdowns
- Electrical diagnostics and fault finding
- Site electrical installations and testing
- General workshop duties and housekeeping
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Promote an enjoyable, safe and productive work environment
Skills & Experience:
- Trade Qualified Electrical Fitter Mechanic
- HV Switching Ticket – essential
- Excellent PM and breakdown knowledge
- 2+ years previous experience working on electric drive trucks
- Additional mining tickets would be beneficial e.g. WAH, EWP, Forklift and confined space.
- This role offers weekly pay + super paid on every hour
- 7/7 rotating roster
- Camp and meals provided
- Buses supplied from Mackay and Rockhampton
- Stable long term contracts
Click APPLY or contact Hannah Webb for a confidential discussion.
- Phone Number: 07 3009 964
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seek number: HW36224
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain
How to Apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Multiple HV Electrician 7/7 Roster Mining Maintenance QLD
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list