If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multi Skilled Operator Jobs QLD
Komatsu 830E, Terex 4400, Grader, Dozer, Watercart
OneKey Resources are searching to hire experienced Multi Skilled Operators to work in the northern Bowen Basin. The positions are for immediate commencement and offer ongoing long term work for the successful candidates.
- Previous experience operating Electric Dump Trucks (Komatsu 830E, Terex 4400 or similar)
- Previous experience operating Grader / Dozer / Watercart
- RII/SSE Signed Competencies (Within 5 years)
- Possess or willing to obtain current Coal Board Medial / Standard 11 Induction Training Induction;
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. birth certificate, passport or citizenship)
In return they offer:
- Fixed Term Contract (Paid Leave Entitlements)
- Immediate Start – Ongoing Position
- 7/7 – D/N Roster – 10hr to 12hr Shifts
- Competitive renumeration
- BIBO or Residential Role
- Accommodation and Meals
- Opportunity to work with a renowned Tier 1 Mining House.
About the Company:
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.