If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multi-Skilled Operator (Permanent Role)
About the business role
Dust-A-Side has been operating overseas since the early 1970s; providing a Total Haul road and Dust Control Management Solution to the mining industry. Now operational on three continents, Dust-A-Side provides a unique haul road stabilization and continuous maintenance programmed.
Currently seeking suitably qualified personnel to join the team of haul road maintenance personnel at a long-term coal mining project near Middle-mount in Central Queensland. You will be a competent multi-skilled operator who has the ability to thrive in a small team environment.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As a multi-skilled operator in the haul road maintenance team you will be responsible for:
- 100% personal compliance with the Company and Client HSEQ systems and operating procedures at all times.
- Safe and efficient operation of the grader, water cart and sweeper on a rotational basis, in adherence with all procedures and instructions provided to you by your Supervisor.
- Performing a range of tasks associated with the maintenance, upkeep and monitoring of all plant and equipment to ensure that it is maintained to a high standard.
- Exhibiting appropriate communication and a professional approach at all times in order to personally uphold the professional image of the Company.
- Completing a range of daily and routine administrative tasks as required to achieve the primary purpose of the position.
Skills and experience
In order to be considered for this role it is a mandatory requirement that you hold a current:
- Standard 11 Induction Training Generic Induction,
- Coal Board Medical , and
- HR Driver’s License
You must also have RII’s /Black Coal Competencies for two or more of the following:
- Grader Operations
- Bulk Watercart Operations
- Tractor Operations (Operate Support Equipment)
This is a sample job.
Job benefits and perks
Camp accommodation and meals will be provided whilst on-shift. We are also offering an attractive full-time employment package for the right individual, which includes paid annual leave, personal leave and other employee entitlements on a lifestyle friendly 8-days-on-6-days-off (day shift only) roster.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.