Multi skilled Operator Bowen Basin
Multi skilled Operator Hail Creek Coal mine Bowen Basin
The Hail Creek open cut coal mine in the Bowen Basin Region of Central Queensland, that is located 120 kilometres from Mackay, supplies up to eight million tonnes of hard coking coal to steel mills in Asia and Europe each year.
Rio Tinto Coal Australia is a leading mining company in Australia with an established record for developing and managing world standard open cut, as well as underground, coal mines. The Hail Creek Mine is an example of the company providing more than simply providing local employment opportunities and ensuring economic growth for the area as it also works to create positive outcomes for the wider Mackay Region.
About the Role
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of Hitachi 1200, 5500 and 5600 Diggers, O&K 170, 340 Hydraulic Shovel and P&H 4100 Electric Rope Shovel, D10 and D11 Dozers and CAT 16 & 24 Graders.
As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s production requirements. This is a drive in drive out role from within 500km’s of Moranbah.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work rotating Lifestyle roster
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Minimum 2 years’ experience operating
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willing to obtain)
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
- Camp and meals provided
- Lifestyle Roster, rotating days and nights
- Ongoing opportunities with possibility to transition to permanent.
- Potential Trainer and Assessor allowance
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
This job for Multi skilled Operator Hail Creek Coal mine will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Multi skilled Operator Hail Creek Coal mine Bowen Basin
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Reanna Corrigan – Recruitment Coordinator
- Mackay Office – 4969 4709