See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Trade Boilermakers and Fitter Available Positions
- Safety is our first consideration
- Camp accommodation provided whilst on project
- 10/4 roster
G&S Engineering are a local Mackay business of over 22 years with work throughout QLD and the Bowen Basin. G&S Engineering delivers professional asset management services to the industry by providing responsive teams with targeted skills to address the maintenance, construction and engineering needs of there clients in the resources, energy and infrastructure industries.
They have positions available in there Major Projects / Construction team for project work in the Bowen Basin. They are searching for local Mackay based trades people, and will consider non local based trades people who live near a high density airport for FIFO within Queensland whilst on this project.
You will have a proven track record of experience in heavy industry, fixed plant maintenance, construction or commissioning; an attitude that safety and well-being comes first; and a willingness to go the extra yard to achieve great results for yourself, your team and your customers.
- Trade Qualification (applicable to the role you’re seeking)
- Current Coal Board Medical – Section 4 (preferably done within last 12 months)
- BMA Induction or Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Working at Heights (Preferable)
- Confined Space (Preferable)
- Current C Class Driver’s License
- Electricians will require a current LVR/CPR license and commissioning experience would be advantageous
If you have the required skill set along with a great work ethic, they would like to hear from you.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click the apply button and attach an up to date resume.They are an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization that supports diverse workforce
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Multi Skilled Mining Trade Boilermakers Fitters FIFO Mackay QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list