See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dump Truck, Multi-Skilled & Excavator Operators
- 12 Month Max Term Contract with Annual Leave & Personal Leave Entitlements
- $46.17p/hr – $55.90p/hr + OT available
- $1000 quarterly discretionary performance bonus
- 455 Lifestyle Roster – 12hr Days and 10.5hr Nights
- Local position = work/life balance
They are searching for experienced Dump Truck, Multi-Skilled & Excavator Operators. This is a great opportunity to apply your expert operating skills in the workplace. The compensation is attractive, as is the structured lifestyle roster which allows for personal pursuits and professional development. You will be working in the largest individual coal production site in the Hunter Valley Muswellbrook region.
Skills & Requirements:
- Training transcripts to validate your experience OR Letter of competency
- Willingness to pass a Pre Employment Medical and D&A test
- Current driver’s license
- Live locally or be willing to relocate to the Muswellbrook region
Minimum 12 months operating experience on one or more of the below equipment;
- Haul trucks: CATERPILLAR 785, 789 & 793
- Graders: CATERPILLAR 16M & H
- Watercarts: CATERPILLAR 777 water cart
- Dozers: CATERPILLAR D10 & D11
- Excavators: LIEBHERR 9800, 9350, 996 & KOMATSU PC1250
- Max term contract
- Temp to perm opportunities
- Friendly onsite Stellar support team
- Accrual of annual & personal leave
- $1000 discretionary bonus per quarter performance bonus
- Competitive hourly rates
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
To register your interest please click APPLY NOW.
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Multi-Skilled Dump Truck Excavator Operators Coal Production Site
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.