If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multi-skilled Blast Crew Member & Operator/Maintainer
- Permanent positions available for the right candidates with scope for pay increases
- Ongoing Overtime Available
- Motivated candidates sought who are willing to learn new skills.
- You will be responsible for operating a HR vehicle and you will also be required to work around the blast pattern supporting the operational activities of our clients.
- Even time rosters with overtime available.
- On the job training provided.
- Work in team environment
- Precise delivery of stemming material into blast patterns
- Maintenance of truck including but not limited to greasing, over the phone fault finding, adjusting/replacing conveyor belts etc.
- Ability to complete compulsory paperwork, and provide to Head Office on time.
- Good customer interaction skills
Applicants that apply that do not meet this criteria will not be considered.
To be successful you must have as a minimum the following qualifications/skills.
- Drill and Blast experience
- Sound Mechanical Knowledge
- HR License & driving experience
- RIIVEH307A Operate Heavy Rigid Vehicle (or equivalent)
- Front End Loader experience
- Support Shotfirer Qualification
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Coal Board Medical
- SSAN Police Clearance Preference will be given to candidates who have current Inductions at various mine sites in the Bowen Basin.
- Shot Firer’s License
- Front End Loader qualification
- MMU/MPU experience/qualification
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
StemSafe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply. Select the Apply Now button below to submit your application for these roles.
Please note that due to the High Volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If casual opportunities appeal to you APPLY now!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Multi Skilled Blast Crew Mining Shotfirer Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.