Mobile Plant Trainer and Auditor – Brisbane QLD
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Based in either Pinkenba QLD, Port Melbourne VIC or Camellia NSW
- Key role supporting the EHS Team
Reporting to the EHS Country Manager, the Mobile Plant Trainer and Auditor will be responsible for training and assessing the competency of mobile plant operators, monitoring the safe and efficient use of the equipment, coaching individuals, delivery of behavioural safety programs and assisting with assurance and governance.
- Work with the Trade stores, warehouses and manufacturing plants to conduct verification of competency (VOC’s) on employees and contractors
- Audit employees and contractors licenses and certifications
- Audit site management systems
- Assist in the implementation of behavioral safety programs such as SafeSTART
- Identify skills gaps in the workforce and coordinate training, and
- Manage trainee programs and review government funding opportunities.
- Must have a current drivers license, coupled with a forklift license and Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- The flexibility to travel to all sites as required across Australia and New Zealand
- Have the ability to deliver training and maintain documentation to the required standards Have the ability to audit against internal USG BORAL EHS system requirements
- Have well developed computer skills particularly in the Microsoft Office Suite, and
- Strong analytical skills mixed with robust problem solving capabilities.
- Competitive remuneration package including a tool of trade vehicle
- The role has the flexibility to be based in either Pinkenba QLD, Port Melbourne VIC or Camellia NSW
- Genuine career development opportunities
- Organization dedicated to health, safety and the environment
Mobile Plant Trainer Auditor Mining Quarry Brisbane QLD
Boral and USG’s plasterboard and ceilings joint venture, USG Boral Building Products, brings together Boral’s leading plasterboard manufacturing and distribution footprint in Asia and Australia with USG’s world-leading building products technologies and strategic assets in Asia and the Middle East. The 50/50 joint venture leverages the two companies’ iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints and technological expertise to deliver a unique portfolio of building products across 12 countries spanning Asia, Australasia and the Middle East.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mobile Plant Trainer Auditor Mining Quarry Brisbane QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.