If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Plant Operators Pilbara
Torque Recruitment Group is an Australian owned and operated recruitment company that benefits from decades of industry experience among its senior team. They are a Quality Assured Company (ISO: 9001) and also OH&S Accredited (AS/NZ:4801) so you can be assured that they can take both business and your business very seriously. knowledge and experience combined with excellent operational teams and professional accreditation’s position as the premium provider for the markets in which they have a presence.
To be considered for the roles they are searching for the following:
- At least 2 years experience working in a mining/production environment
- For the dump truck roles candidates must have operated CAT and Hitachi 777/785/789 trucks
- All Rounders must have experience on loaders/dozers/excavators/graders
- Experience operating PC1200/PC1250 highly desirable
- Ideally must have been on the machines in the last year
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Must be able to pass a pre- employment medical and DAS
- Must have a clear police record
- Must be prepared to work FIFO from Perth
What is on offer:
- 2/1 roster
- FIFO from Perth
- Competitive rates – $39-$48 per hour depending on experience
- Modern camp facilities
- Ongoing work
- Opportunity to get experience on different machines
- Types of machinery onsite include; D9/D10 dozers, PC1250/EX3600/EX2500/EX1200, 16H graders, WA980/988 loaders, 777 watercarts and dump trucks
APPLY NOW to secure your application. Darwin locals are encouraged to apply, please note flights or relocation costs to Perth will be at your own cost.
NOTE: When you apply for this job [name of job title here], take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to Apply
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Mobile Plant Operators Multiple sites Pilbara
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.