If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Plant Operators
- 8/6†roster, FIFO ex Perth
- 3-month contract position only
One of the world’s largest Gold producing companies, MPi are seeking experienced Mobile Plant Operators to join the team for this 3-month contract opportunity.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for a project around a tailings dam where you will be operating the following equipment:
- Komatsu dump truck
- Komatsu loader (Komatsu information about website for WA500, WA600 wheeled loader)
Download the PDF to learn more about WA6000
- Komatsu & CAT excavators
- CAT dozer
- CAT grader
- CAT water cart
Working 12 hours per day, this position is based on an 8/6 roster, FIFO ex Perth. This role is a contract opportunity only at this stage and is due to commence immediately.
Whilst on site, you will have access to full site facilities such as wet/dry mess, tennis court & gym. Please note there is limited phone reception.
To be considered, You must:
- Hold a current WA manual Drivers License as a minimum.
- Ideally have a site services/civil or processing background.
- Ideally have experience with the above listed machinery.
- Be physically fit and have a strong work ethic.
- Hold or be able to obtain a National Police clearance (issued†within the past 12 months).
- Provide a cleared pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol screen.
- Provide contactable referees.
Working for MPi
Paid weekly, plus superannuation paid on all hours worked and 24/7 Consultant availability are just some of the benefits of being a contractor with MPi.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Would you like to apply for this job?
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player