If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Operator Mining Mobile Plant
- Permanent opportunity with ability to develop
- Comfortable living with heavily subsidized accommodation
- Unique mining town of Nhulunbuy – Gove
There long history is filled with firsts. They have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and the people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: there materials make up the world. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for there differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
They are searching for Operators Mining to operate mobile plant equipment alongside the proactive Mine Operations Team in a safe and effective manner.
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminum, one of the world’s most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, they operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world’s most modern and competitive aluminum smelters portfolio. There industry leadership includes benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today’s carbon-constrained world.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a highly experienced, safety and results driven mobile plant operator who can work unsupervised and cooperatively with others. Working a 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off roster and reporting to the Supervisor Mining, you will be:
- Safely operating mobile plant equipment including dozers (Cat D11R, T bulldozers and wheel dozers to T590 class), front end loader (992G and 993K) and rear dump trucks (100Tclass).
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Participating in toolboxes, team and safety meetings.
- Actively undertaking safety interactions and improvements.
- Conducting routine inspections and tasks to ensure equipment is in operational condition.
- Working effectively with multiple teams to ensure production targets are met.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experienced mobile plant operator with relevant tickets in dozers, loaders and rear dump trucks.
- C class drivers license.
- Strong focus on safety with the willingness to contribute to a safe and effective workplace.
- Demonstrated experience interacting in a team environment with the ability to follow work instructions.
- High degree of ownership and responsibility for the equipment under your control.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
Click Apply for Mobile Plant Mining Operator Nhulunbuy NT
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player