See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Plant Mechanic Operations QLD
Client stands as a leader in explosive manufacturing with world-class technological expertise. They have over 60 years of experience in the Explosives & Mining Services industry and aim to fulfill their vision to advance further in the global explosives market. Based in South Korea and a Global Fortune 500 company they have offices around the world.
Due to their clients targeted global growth in mining service activities they are seeking a suitably experienced and trade qualified Mechanic to maintain their fixed & mobile plant equipment, for their key operations in QLD.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Maintain & Repair mobile & fixed plant machinery on site
- Ensuring all processes are adhered in the maintenance and repairs of all plant & equipment
- Maintain safe working practices at all times to ensure zero harm to self and others
- Ensure that plant and equipment is in good working order by regular inspection & repairs
- Support the culture of a safe, clean, quality site and service to the customer
- Ensure 100% compliance to all Company SHEC / Security initiative
- Actively participate in and pursue opportunities to improve efficiency on site.
It is ESSENTIAL the successful candidates have the following:
- Previous experience with Fixed & Mobile Plant equipment -particularly road going vehicles –ESSENTIAL
- Trade Qualification –ESSENTIAL
- Exposure to both the Coal & Explosives industries
- 2 Years Minimum Exposure in a mining & service environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships within the business.
- Strong SHEC emphasis and initiatives
- Full Unrestricted QLD Drivers License
- Must demonstrate strong leadership in the use of risk management tools such as permit to work and change management
- The ability to pass a full mine site medical & Drug & Alcohol screen
Applicants with the following are preferred
- QLD Security clearance – or able to obtain (clean criminal record is essential)
- QLD Coal Board induction – Desirable
- Auto Electrical experience would be favorable
This position will play a pivotal role in business ensuring the ongoing success of the customer’s operations and the overall success of the customer’s contract. Thus, this person needs to be methodical and should be able to work autonomously.
For the successful candidates, this is an outstanding opportunity for committed team players with a strong emphasis on safety, quality, asset management, client relationships and achieving results. This is a permanent role, which comes with a very attractive package as well as a family friendly 7 x 7 Roster. FIFO ex Brisbane.
PLEASE NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
Would you like to apply for the position?
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘Apply Now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Click Apply for Mobile Plant Mechanic maintenance Operations QLD
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please submit your application directly to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion on 0478 644 025.