If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Plant Fitter/Operator
With approximately 6,500 staff, approximately $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
Seeking a Plant Fitter/Operator to join Infrastructure Maintenance workgroup. This is a 12 month fixed term opportunity to join a team that works a 9/5 roster based in Townsville.
- Contribute to maximum machine availability by efficiently maintaining, servicing, repairing and performing approved modifications on any infrastructure mainline machinery including resurfacing and all other associated machinery.
- Operate any of infrastructure machinery including resurfacing and all associated machinery where qualified and required by the position profile.
- Communicate machine maintenance requirements effectively, contributing to a team based approach for machine operation and maintenance.
- Participate in long-term strategies and work practices to ensure safe working practices and relevant work standards are met.
- Carry out all work in accordance with the requirements of the Network Services Integrated Management System Business and Divisional Instructions.
- Complete operation and maintenance reporting/administration work, assist in providing plant maintenance documentation and reports in accordance with the Scheduled Assured Maintenance (SAM) System.
- Candidates who have a sound level of civil knowledge including but not limited to track resurfacing will be highly regarded.
Requirements also include:
- Mechanical Fitter Trade Certificate
- Substantial level of skill in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of rail specific plant and equipment.
- Substantial knowledge of concepts and application of preventative maintenance.
- Sound level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Sound problem solving, analytical and quality improvement skills.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the network, work reasonable overtime and be available for emergency response work.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Mobile Plant Fitter Operator, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
If this sound like something for you, hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity.
Click Apply for Mobile Plant Fitter Operator – Queensland Townsville