If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter – Coal Mining in QLD
At Bis they support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. They offer many benefits to our employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach their shared goals. There progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
There commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which they operate in. They recognize that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of their career opportunities.
They are currently searching for enthusiastic Heavy Duty Diesel Fitters to join there operations in Weipa. These positions are fly-in, fly-out from Cairns, on a 7 days on, 7 days off rotating day and night shift roster.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to our goal of Zero Harm;
- Possess sound experience in the repair and maintenance of Heavy Mobile Equipment, including trucks, side tipper trailers, mobile plant and other ancillary equipment;
- Maintenance and repairs to Powertrans T1250 Pit Haulers, 14M grader, Kenworth C510 water cart.
- Operation of Kenworth HR Service truck
- Have a strong work ethic and proven record of commitment to site safety and operating standards, including completion of pre-starts, care & maintenance of vehicles
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Heavy Diesel trade qualification
- C class driver’s license (HR expected)
- Minimum 3 years truck, trailer and mobile plant experience – preferably working on in a site based workshop
- Kenworth trucks and Powertrans T1250 pit hauler experience preferable
- Experience repairing earthmoving machinery
- Positive safety attitude essential
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialized equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
They find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while searching after the health, safety and well being of there people, the communities they operate in and their environment. There strong team focus enables to solve problems for customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution people make, every day.
For more information, go to www.bisindustries.com
- 7 Days on 7 Days off
- Full time employment
- Local or FIFO Cairns
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mobile Plant Coal Mining Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter FIFO QLD