This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Mining Maintenance Supervisor Bowen Basin
- 3 – 6 months contract
- 7/7 Roster – DIDO from Mackay, Rocky, Townsville
- Mobile plant and field maintenance supervision
- October Start
Stellar Recruitment is currently searching for an experienced Mobile Maintenance Supervisor to join a highly dynamic open cut mine operation in the Bowen Basin. The client is a Mining Owner/Operator who runs the production and maintenance requirements across many open cut coal mine sites in the Bowen Basin, QLD.
The successful candidate will be supervising workshop and field-based diesel fitters, boilermakers, fabricators and other trade staff who are overhauling and conducting ongoing maintenance of a wide range of mining equipment. Equipment includes Haul Trucks (CAT), Graders (CAT) and Excavators (Hitachi).
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will need to have:
- A diesel fitting or mechanical trade qualification
- 2 – 3 years experience as an assigned mobile/field maintenance supervisor
- S1, S2, S3, G2 supervisor tickets
- Previous experience working with open-cut mining equipment eg. Haul Trucks, Dozer, Graders, Diggers, Shovels
- A strong understanding of QLD Coal Mining Legislation
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mobile Mining Equipment Maintenance Supervisor Job Mackay & Coalfields
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list