See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Maintenance Planning Superintendent
Mobile Maintenance Planning Superintendent WA
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so the clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to there success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. The culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
A unique full-time position is available for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join the team based out of Perth head office. The role will initially be focused on supporting Leinster Operations with frequent site based work located in WA, then transitioning to a Group Geotechnical position supporting our global operations.
In the initial role you will be required to:
- Provide Geotechnical support and assistance to the operation, ensuring that the operation complies with all the relevant company and statutory requirements.
- Design ground support (cablebolting, shotcrete, etc.) drawing on your experience in high stress ground conditions utilizing Sub Level Open Stoping mining methods.
- Promote and maintain high safety performance through personal commitment and application of safety policies and procedures
- Support the mining engineers with the design and implementation of optimal stopes, spans and pillars.
- Monitor and assess the performance of the geotechnical designs.
- Provide support with maintaining the IMS seismic system, seismic data processing, analysis and reporting.
- Conduct Geotechnical Numerical Modelling and stability analysis as required
- Conduct regular Geotechnical Audits of the mining operations
- Geotechnical mapping and kinematic analysis
In addition to the immediate work at the Leinster complex, as a Group Principal Geotechnical Engineer your role will require you to provide your input and technical support in relation to:
- Bidding for New Work
- Providing overview and support for the Group’s operationally based Geotechnical Engineers
- Providing geotechnical support to the Group’s operations as part of a larger group of Geotechnical Specialists
- Due Diligence and Feasibility Studies
As a senior member of the team, you will also be instrumental in engaging with key stakeholders with the aim to grow and develop client relationships to generate new work for the business.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate/meet the following skills, experience and requirements:
- A degree in Geotechnical Engineering (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 10 years OP and UG operational geotechnical engineering experience including working in high stress ground in sub-level open stoping operations
- Expertise in Vulcan software or similar
- Expertise in numerical modelling with various 2-D and 3-D software packages
- A current “C” Class Driver’s License
- Knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Background managing and leading a team of engineers is desirable
- Confident in developing key client relationships
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organization that’s as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply for Mobile Maintenance Planning Superintendent WA
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.