Mobile Maintenance Planner
Newmont Tanami Operations proudly acted as a Gold sponsor for the Women in Resources Northern Territory Awards for 2015/2016/2017. In 2015 the Company and its employees have been rewarded the Northern Territory Diversity Champion (Mine Manager), and Newmont Women Network Tanami (NWNT) won an award for Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance.
Mobile Maintenance Planner Tanami Mine
Seeking to increase the diversity within Maintenance Team to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore they encourage female applicants and/or people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, the Mobile Maintenance Planner is responsible for providing the Mobile Maintenance department with an accurate and comprehensive maintenance plan based on the defined maintenance strategy which meets production utilization requirements.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, Darwin & Alice Springs ONLY.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Produce maintenance plans, based on the existing maintenance strategies and schedule parts and resources required to complete the tasks for all Underground and Surface based maintenance for the Department, including:
- 12 Weekly Major Maintenance Plan (updated 4 weekly)
- Weekly Maintenance Plan
- Efficiently manage the backlog of maintenance jobs.
- Be responsible for planning all jobs in detail prior to scheduling in the Weekly Plan.
- In conjunction with Supervisors develop plans for emergency (unscheduled) work, for immediate execution.
- Oversee the accurate and timely collection of maintenance performance data and history.
- Prepare maintenance performance statistics for daily and weekly review by Maintenance Management team
- Conduct analysis of reasons/causes of shortfalls to plan and make recommendations to Maintenance Management team of actions to close gaps
- Facilitate Maintenance daily and weekly review meetings
- Be part of the team deployed to review and update the maintenance strategy for Mining Department assets
- Provide additional information with planned work orders, e.g. SOP, JHA’s and Work Instructions.
- Extensive experience with SAP – essential.
- Previous experience in Underground Mobile Maintenance will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Planner, experience in long term planning will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of AMT for cost review and budgeting will be highly regarded.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, software preferable)
- Experience in compiling weekly and monthly reports, will be highly regared.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to continually review current practices and suggest improvements.
- Good communication and team work skills essential.
To be considered for these roles, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current drivers license, passing a police clearance and pre employment medical.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring performance against those global standards is an integral part of the current business practice and long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont Mining encourages workplace diversity. Females and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of there commitment with the Traditional Owners they also encourage applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
There employees enjoy a generous salary package including free private health insurance and an annual bonus scheme. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
To apply for this role click on the Apply now link or go to www.newmont.com click on Careers then select the Asia Pacific region.