Mobile Maintenance Planner
Newmont Tanami Operations proudly acted as a Gold sponsor for the Women in Resources Northern Territory Awards for 2015/2016/2017. In 2015 the Company and its employees have been rewarded the Northern Territory Diversity Champion (Mine Manager), and Newmont Women Network Tanami (NWNT) won an award for Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance.
Mobile Maintenance Planner Tanami Mine
Seeking to increase the diversity within Maintenance Team to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore they encourage female applicants and/or people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, the Mobile Maintenance Planner is responsible for providing the Mobile Maintenance department with an accurate and comprehensive maintenance plan based on the defined maintenance strategy which meets production utilization requirements.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, Darwin & Alice Springs ONLY.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Produce maintenance plans, based on the existing maintenance strategies and schedule parts and resources required to complete the tasks for all Underground and Surface based maintenance for the Department, including:
- 12 Weekly Major Maintenance Plan (updated 4 weekly)
- Weekly Maintenance Plan
- Efficiently manage the backlog of maintenance jobs.
- Be responsible for planning all jobs in detail prior to scheduling in the Weekly Plan.
- In conjunction with Supervisors develop plans for emergency (unscheduled) work, for immediate execution.
- Oversee the accurate and timely collection of maintenance performance data and history.
- Prepare maintenance performance statistics for daily and weekly review by Maintenance Management team
- Conduct analysis of reasons/causes of shortfalls to plan and make recommendations to Maintenance Management team of actions to close gaps
- Facilitate Maintenance daily and weekly review meetings
- Be part of the team deployed to review and update the maintenance strategy for Mining Department assets
- Provide additional information with planned work orders, e.g. SOP, JHA’s and Work Instructions.
- Extensive experience with SAP – essential.
- Previous experience in Underground Mobile Maintenance will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Planner, experience in long term planning will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of AMT for cost review and budgeting will be highly regarded.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, software preferable)
- Experience in compiling weekly and monthly reports, will be highly regared.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to continually review current practices and suggest improvements.
- Good communication and team work skills essential.
To be considered for these roles, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current drivers license, passing a police clearance and pre employment medical.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring performance against those global standards is an integral part of the current business practice and long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont Mining encourages workplace diversity. Females and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of there commitment with the Traditional Owners they also encourage applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
There employees enjoy a generous salary package including free private health insurance and an annual bonus scheme. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
To apply for this role click on the Apply now link or go to www.newmont.com click on Careers then select the Asia Pacific region.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.