If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Maintenance – Drill and Fitter jobs
As a Mobile Maintenance Drill Fitter at any CBH Resources location – the following are core business expectations
- Provide technical and/ or other support to enable the business to function at optimum efficiency/ effectiveness
- Support senior functional and process leaders to deliver expected results and provide a value-adding contribution to the overall effort
- Provide a high level of customer service and continue to grow and combine professional learning and experience with work output
- Consider safety, environmental and cost impacts when planning and undertaking work.
The Mobile Maintenance Drill Fitter provides safe and effective maintenance and servicing of equipment to meet mine targets. They maintain equipment in accordance with mine plans to achieve agreed fleet performance levels of availability, reliability, cost, safety, and quality for the operation.
Other aspects of the role include:
- Maintaining high standards of performance and adopt a proactive approach to OHS issues to ensure compliance with statutory requires and company policies and practices
- Reporting all safety hazards/risks and incidents according to site procedures
- Demonstrating a committed and conscious effort towards the health and safety of self and others on site at all times
- Ensure housekeeping of work area provides a safe and healthy environment at all times
- Work with the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that fleet performance and other targets are achieved across the operation
- Use your skills as an service person effectively so that budgeted fleet performance is achieved
- Identify and contribute improvement ideas.
- Where applicable contribute to the daily planning process
- Be “cost focused” by ensuring equipment is maintained effectively.
- Display ownership of the equipment you operate “treat it like you own it” and ensure the operators cabin is cleaned at the end of your shift e.g. light vehicles
- Competent to remove, dismantle, diagnose faults, reassemble, test and return equipment to service.
- Completed training and assessments successfully enabling him/her to operate competently with a minimum of supervision.
- Must successfully complete training to enhance and broaden their basic trade skills to align them with organizational requirements
- Establish and maintain a network of internal and external contacts to access expertise and share knowledge.
- Ensure that all of the affected parties are kept up to date with project/plant item status. Express information and ideas clearly and concisely and confirm understanding.
- Liaise with supervisors to ensure that all activities are effectively reported, the direction and requirements of the project are understood and the activities of the project compliment other operations on site.
- Ensure all information processed relating to individuals and site performance remains confidential.
- Encourages open communication which is participator, encouraging and supporting that allows issues to be raised in a responsible and respectful manner without reprisal.
- Trade qualification
- Operation of heavy earth moving equipment for limited movement.
- Hazard identification and control
- Written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow and plans and schedules
- Act honestly and with integrity at all times
- Respect the values and diversity of others
- Act Decisively
- Performance Driven within your operating capacity
- Be Accountable
- Qualified trades person. Able to work unsupervised, sound knowledge of site plant and machinery and repair
- Must be a self starter able to make decisions & priorities breakdowns under pressure
- Willing to undertake training as required by the Company
- Willing & able to share information
- Able to use workshop manuals & data bases for parts & repair information
- Good communication skills, able to deal with all personnel of all levels both surface & underground.
- Toyota four wheel drive experience essential
- Experience on light Trucks, Fork Trucks, Cranes an advantage
- Previous experience working with apprentices
- Technical accountability must be able to be consistently maintained
- 5 years maintenance trade experience in the mining industry
- Mine fleet maintenance experience
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to apply
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training.Click Apply for Mobile Maintenance Drill Fitter Job CBH Resources NSW