See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Coal Mining Maintenance QLD
CoreStaff is at the forefront of the recruitment industry with offices in Perth, Kalgoorlie, Adelaide, Sydney, Eastern Creek, Newcastle, Broken Hill, Melbourne, Brisbane, Townsville and Darwin.
On this occasion they are seeking experienced Diesel Fitters that has proven working experience within the coal mining industry.
To be considered for this role you must have the following licenses/documents and attributes:
- Trade Qualification and able to produce certification / license
- Current C Class QLD Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training as a minimum
- Various departments within mines – mobile maintenance / CHPP / Maintenance Workshop
IMPORTANT: These positions are for various clients of CoreStaff and they have a variety of contracts available – short and long term. All mines are within the Bowen Basin. There is NO FIFO available.
- Updated resume with 2 work related references
- Tickets and licenses – front and back in colour
- Drivers License – front and back in colour and by itself
- Birth Certificate and or passport
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Certificates – relevant to mining/trade
- Site induction certificates that are still current
TO APPLY: please send the following documents to **********@corestaff.com.au
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mobile Diesel Fitter Coal Mining CHPP Maintenance QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list