MMU Operator Quarry Mine sites
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. There purpose is to make customers successful, every day, all around the world. They take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainability. Together, these enable to grow and create enduring value for shareholders.
About The Role
Orica’s Quarry Services team based at Deer Park in Melbourne are on the lookout for Experienced MMU Operator’s to join the operations on a permanent full time basis.
An MMU (Mobile Manufacturing Unit) is a heavy rigid vehicle which is used to mix and deliver blast product into pre-drilled blast holes on the surface of Quarry and Mine sites.
What you will be doing
The successful candidate will be charged with the duties of operating an MMU vehicle and all associated plant and equipment on a daily basis to provide blasting products and services to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.
Rosters will be Monday – Friday, 5 days per week, and it is expected that candidates will reside in the Melbourne area for fatigue reasons.
What you Bring
- Experience in operating an MMU or similar blast delivery truck is preferable
- Current HR driving license (essential)
- Mechanical trade qualifications are advantageous
- A commitment and attitude toward Safety, Health and Environment
- Excellent customer service skills, a desire to achieve the best outcome for our customer every time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To ensure that we attract and retain the best people they offer:
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary packages.
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*.Click Apply for MMU Operator Quarry Mine sites – Deer Park VIC