See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
MMU Operator – Townsville FIFO
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. There purpose is to make customers successful, every day, all around the world. They take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainable. Together, these enable to grow and create enduring value for shareholders.
About the role
The main purpose of this role will be to ensure a quality service in the manufacture and distribution of bulk explosives to the customers, in a safe and efficient and environmentally conscious manner.
It is expected that the successful candidate will reside in Townsville or close by for fatigue management reasons.
What you bring
- 2+ year exposure to operating an MMU or similar blast product delivery vehicle
- A current and valid heavy rigid vehicle license
- A flawless record and attitude with regard to Safety
- A current and valid QLD shot-firing License (preferred, not essential)
- Exposure to working with Orica products including electronic blasting systems (preferred not essential)
- Strong customer service & written and verbal communication skills
What they offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary packages.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for MMU Mining Quarry Operator Townsville FIFO Queensland