You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Trades Assistant – Electrical and Mechanical SHUTDOWNS
Wisely is a well-respected leading service provider to heavy industry across Australasia. There reputation has been built on the quality of there people and ability to attract & retain the right person for the task. They are successful in achieving these outcomes through an unparalleled commitment to there core values of simplicity, people, safety, integrity & performance.
Due to continual growth and commitment to there customers’ needs Wisely are seeking experienced Electrical and Mechanical Trade Assistants to join Shutdown teams at various mine sites across the Bowen Basin.
To be considered for these positions you MUST have the following:
- Relevant Electrical and Mechanical experience
- Experience in Prep Plants
- Proven experience working in various departments on Coal Sites.
- Commitment to Safety with a proactive approach to your work
- Time management and self-motivation
- Reliability and commitment
You will be offered an attractive remuneration package including:
- Fantastic Hourly Rates
- Meals & Accommodation Supplied
- Superannuation (on all hours worked)
Please submit the following Mandatory Documents in order to process your application:
- Current Coal Board Medical
- BMA Induction / Standard 11 Induction Training
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Drivers License
- Site Inductions
- Any other industry tickets eg. Confined Spaces / Working at Heights
- Resume outlining all skills stating 2 x referees (must be Supervisors/ Managers)
Only candidates with the suitable experience/ qualifications will be contacted regarding this position.
Wisely Group has a strong commitment to diversity within workforce. As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer, applicants from all backgrounds including indigenous cultures and women, are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Trades Assistant Electrical Mechanical Shutdown Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list