See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Trade Caterpillar Heavy Fitter Jobs
The client is one of the top 5 Caterpillar dealers worldwide. The company is the exclusive distributor for the sale of Caterpillar equipment, technology solutions, parts and service support in territories.
Headquartered in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Hastings Deering has close to 3000 employees, across 23 business service centers throughout Queensland, Northern Territory, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and New Caledonia.
About the Role:
The primary focus of this role is to maintain, repair and recondition damaged or worn Caterpillar components and parts and provide the customer with a quality repair and product. This role is a Monday to Friday roster, based in Archerfield .
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- You will be responsible for the machining of parts on a wide range of Caterpillar Heavy Mining Equipment Components
- A methodical and disciplined approach to scheduled work tasks, by plan and organize daily reclamation requirements
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of safety and compliance standards
- Ensure the CRC workshop has a continual supply of reclaimed components to reduce overhaul lead times
- Safe and correct use of manual lathes, milling machines and other tooling at all times
- Use ID welder and rotator welder in flux core and mig application
- Hydraulic Cylinder reseals and reclamation, ranging from large mining equipment to compact machinery components.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Relevant Australian Trade Qualifications (Mandatory)
- Certificate III in Engineering (Fitting and Turning)
- Exhibit a high level of conscientiousness, and deliver quality customer service at all times
- Deliver consistency with a focus on a high standard of delivering quality and pride in your work
- Timely and accurately completing of all relevant paperwork and reporting, to complete and close our work orders
- Demonstrated experience with the reclamation and reconditioning of Caterpillar components (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience in the operation of manual machining equipment such as small /medium lathes, radial grinders, milling machines and metal arc spray
- CNC operation and programing (preferred)
The ability to work well within a team environment, as well as displaying a mature approach when working unsupervised. Sustain a high level of workplace health and safety standards, and overall individual character integrity is a must
If the above sounds like you and you are ready for a new challenge then please do not hesitate to press apply and attach an up to date resume.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Mining Trade Caterpillar Heavy Fitter Mine Jobs Brisbane QLD