If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Technician Maintenance and Electrical
They are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
There purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
There people are central to success and demonstrate determination to be a best-in-class operator. They aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where they operate.
GEMCO is one of the world’s largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds’ high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
The Opportunity – Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
The purpose of this role is to safely maintain Electrical equipment as per work management processes, maintenance schedules and work instructions. You will report into the Electrical Supervisor and will be based at GEMCO Groote Eylandt on either a Residential basis or a FIFO roster.
- Works safely within the South 32 Care Strategy
- Undertaking Electrical Construction to include constructing and commissioning Low / Medium / High Voltage networks
- Undertaking Electrical Installation, to include install and commissioning of Single & Three phase AC machines and control gear, replacing HV Equipment, hardware and mini substations.
- Undertaking Electrical Inspection including the inspection, testing and maintenance of HV isolators, HV Earthing Systems and Transformers.
- Maintaining and Repairing Single & Three phase AC machines and Control gear
- Analysing and Solving Electrical problems along with fault finding and repair.
- Working as project team member
- Contributing to business improvement initiatives
- Electrical Trade Qualification is mandatory to include similar relevant experience.
- The role also requires; a current NT electrical license. High Risk License (EWP), a valid Working at Heights and MR/HR License
- It would be advantageous if you hold a HV Switching ticket and Instrumentation background.
- Exposure to AS/ NZS standards and ISO9001:2000 is strongly preferred.
- A team player with good communication skills.
What does South32 offer?
- 7/7 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
They are always seeking people who share our values to join the team. People are fundamental to success. They are focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
They look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Technician Electrical Maintenance Cairns QLD