Mining Technician Maintenance and Electrical
They are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
There purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
There people are central to success and demonstrate determination to be a best-in-class operator. They aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where they operate.
GEMCO is one of the world’s largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds’ high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
The Opportunity – Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
The purpose of this role is to safely maintain Electrical equipment as per work management processes, maintenance schedules and work instructions. You will report into the Electrical Supervisor and will be based at GEMCO Groote Eylandt on either a Residential basis or a FIFO roster.
- Works safely within the South 32 Care Strategy
- Undertaking Electrical Construction to include constructing and commissioning Low / Medium / High Voltage networks
- Undertaking Electrical Installation, to include install and commissioning of Single & Three phase AC machines and control gear, replacing HV Equipment, hardware and mini substations.
- Undertaking Electrical Inspection including the inspection, testing and maintenance of HV isolators, HV Earthing Systems and Transformers.
- Maintaining and Repairing Single & Three phase AC machines and Control gear
- Analysing and Solving Electrical problems along with fault finding and repair.
- Working as project team member
- Contributing to business improvement initiatives
- Electrical Trade Qualification is mandatory to include similar relevant experience.
- The role also requires; a current NT electrical license. High Risk License (EWP), a valid Working at Heights and MR/HR License
- It would be advantageous if you hold a HV Switching ticket and Instrumentation background.
- Exposure to AS/ NZS standards and ISO9001:2000 is strongly preferred.
- A team player with good communication skills.
What does South32 offer?
- 7/7 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
They are always seeking people who share our values to join the team. People are fundamental to success. They are focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
They look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mining Technician Electrical Maintenance Cairns QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.