See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Systems Specialist Australia
Mining Systems Specialist Underground Fleet Management
Located in the Laverton region, AngloGold Ashanti Australia’s Sunrise Dam is one of Western Australia’s premier gold mines. This large-scale underground operation employs more than 500 people and produces approximately 280,000 ounces of gold per annum. Operating on an attractive fly-in fly-out roster, Sunrise Dam boasts excellent accommodation and facilities and recently celebrated 20 years of uninterrupted gold production.
They are seeking a well-organized, highly motivated Mining Systems Specialist to manage the company’s underground Fleet Management System (FMS).
Sunrise Dam will be implementing a FMS in 2018 with the preferred product currently in a selection process. The position will be a subject matter expert in the FMS. As part of the implementation project team, you will have a leading role in the configuration of the system, developing the skills of operational personnel, managing vendor support, and coordinating AngloGold IT and OT technical support. A key aspect of the implementation will be addressing change management associated with the FME implementation across the Anglo Gold workforce and multiple underground contractors.
As the FMS implementation matures, the Mining Systems Specialist will have a key role in providing a high reliability system which underpins the operational control and continuous improvement of the underground mine productivity and cost.
The applicant must have excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving ability, good technical aptitude and the ability to learn on the job. The role is 4/3 FIFO roster. Occasional extended rosters and work in the AngloGold Perth office will be required.
Accountable to the Business Improvement & Commercial Superintendent, the main tasks of the role include but are not limited to:
- Project-manage the installation and configuration of hardware and software for the FMS.
- Develop change management plans for technical, operational, IT and OT support personnel.
- Coordinate vendor support including training, fault diagnostics, version upgrades and contract management.
- Provide training and coaching in the use of the FMS to technical and operational personnel including dispatch and equipment operators.
- Quality control the FMS data to ensure accurate information is collected and provided by the system.
- Develop reports to enable short interval control of the mining operation.
- Provide data analytic to technical and management personnel to enable the identification of business improvement opportunities.
- Develop documented procedures for the management and operation of the FMS including protocols for changes to the system configuration and data.
- As the FMS subject matter expert, develop and implement continuous improvement of the FMS functionality and capability to deliver value to the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree qualification relevant to the role.
- Experience in managing a Fleet Management System in an underground or open pit environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the mining industry, including mining methods and practices and technical mining applications
- Operational experience in underground mining.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with colleagues, contractors and suppliers
Applicants with the following will be held in high regard:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of an underground commercial Mining Systems solution such as Hexagon Mining, MineSuite, Optimine, Pitram. or Modular.
- Certification in Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare and/or storage technology
- Experience with corporate and OT networks, including routing, WiFi and LTE.To be successful in this role you will also need to share AngloGold Ashanti’s values and its commitment to safety and the environment.
Recruitment Agency referrals will not be accepted for this role, all candidates interested in the position should apply directly.
NOTE: Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to APPLY?
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Click Apply for Mine Worker Advanced (Multi Skilled)
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted