See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Mining Surveyor – FIFO Australia
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. The life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. There people are central to there success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. There culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
Due to expected growth for Thiess in Queensland’s Bowen Basin for 2018 they have an opportunity for an additional Surveyor to join their business. This role will initially be based at Dawson South mine site before getting the opportunity to work across multiple sites and projects.
Mining Surveyor Underground Mine job FIFO Australia
As the Surveyor you will be responsible for delivering total survey requirements for a coal project, including day-to-day set outs, monthly volume pick-ups, end of month reporting, statutory requirements and contractual obligations.
Some of your duties will include:
- Providing survey support and assisting the technical services group in the planning process
- Establishing and maintaining a system of survey marks adequate to complete mining work
- Ensuring survey data is recorded and stored as per project management plans
- Ensuring full statutory and safety compliance of surveying and mine development activities on site
- Conducting EOM pickups and volume calculations
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in open cut mining
- A tertiary qualification in surveying or equivalent
- Experience with Vulcan Software
- A commitment to the practice of health and safety at all times
Thiess’ employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well being of there team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging, salary continuance insurance and more they place the health, safety and well-being of people as absolute priority and focused on ensuring everyone if fit for work and fit for life.
They are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which they can operate.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career with a leading mining contractor that offers ongoing career development opportunities. To apply for this fantastic role please follow the link below.Apply for Qualified Mining Surveyor Underground Mine job FIFO Australia
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list