See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Expressions of Interest – Surface Drillers & Driller Assistants
Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally.
The company’s Global Drilling Services division operates in over 40 countries with a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium, and other metals and minerals.
Currently seeking candidates for the below roles:
- RC Drillers
- Diamond Drillers
- Multipurpose Drillers
- Drillers Offsiders
They are searching for candidates who are production-driven with a strong commitment to Health & Safety, and have a strong team focus. The successful candidates will work a roster consisting of 2 weeks on/1 week off. However, the roster may be flexible depending on project.
About the Role:
- Previous Drilling experience essential
- 2:1 FIFO roster
- Conduct drilling operations
- Conducting Daily pre-start equipment checks
- Training Driller Assistants
- Setting up/dismantling/moving drill rigs and equipment
- Conducting and completing necessary safety paperwork and processes
- Experience working in a similar position in the Drilling Industry (essential)
- Current HR License
- National Police Clearance, or willing to obtain one
- First Aid and CPR certificate, or willing to obtain one
- Ability to lift 30kgs at a time in a labor-intensive role
- Demonstrated personal commitment to safety
- Team player
- Right to work in Australia
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive shift rates with an updated bonus plan, annual/sick/personal leave entitlements
- Transport (from Darwin), and all meals provided
- Working for one of the world’s leading providers of drilling products and services in their extensive operations
- Excellent ongoing training and developmental opportunities
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please apply now!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Surface Driller Assistants FIFO Cairns QLD
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website