Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Latest Mining Jobs in Australia category.
Mining Supervisor Jobs Biloela QLD
Komatsu have a new vacancy for a Shift Supervisor to join the team at the Batchfire Project, based in Biloela. If you have your management qualifications S123 & G2 be sure to send over a resume!
About this QLD mining role:
With an extensive fleet of 930-4E electric drive trucks, PC7000-6 excavators, WA1200-6 loaders and other OEM equipment, you will be responsible for the leadership of all Komatsu Technicians and subcontractors.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the role will be a crucial conduit between Komatsu and the Client on a daily basis in ensuring we continue to provide superior products and unprecedented service.
Having recently been awarded an additional contract in conjunction with the existing 5 yr contract, this role offers job security and the opportunity to be based residentially.
Key Responsibilities for Mining Supervisor Jobs Biloela QLD:
- Coordinate, prepare and support the team.
- Assist in daily, weekly and long term planning of maintenance schedules as requested
- Assist in ordering / dispatching of parts through completed field service reports and warranty forms.
- Communicate with Project Manager in relation to job progress and advise of any special requirements to ensure timely job completion.
- Coordinate and distribute daily duties in accordance to the “Komatsu Customer Support Charter”.
- Provide Job Packets that includes all technical data and service sheets and allocate the work activities.
- Demonstrating safe behaviours at all times and performing duties in a manner that adheres to health, safety and environment standards.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re searching for:
- Trade qualification in Diesel Fitting or Heavy Machinery.
- Excellent knowledge of Komatsu Machines. Previous experience on Komatsu 930E-4, WA-1200-6, and Komatsu Excavators would be advantageous.
- Management Qualifications S123 & G2 required.
- Standard 11 Induction Training induction essential.
- General knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Experienced with Komatsu Manuals maintenance manuals, parts manuals and schematic drawings and comprehension of them.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- National Accredited Skills such as Aircon, Forklift and Crane Tickets would be advantageous.
- Current Drivers licence.
Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player