See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Site Supervisor Quarry Railton
About Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. The purpose is to make customers successful, every day, all around the world. They take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainable. Together, these enable to grow and create enduring value for shareholders.
About the Role
The Orica Quarries team are on the lookout for the next Site Supervisor for Railton site close to Devonport in Tasmania. You will play a key role in building Orica’s customer network through hands on relationship building, and be provided with the opportunity to progress your career in an operational and commercial capacity.
What you will be doing
- Lead, organize and motivate a crew of around 5 blasting professionals including shotfirers, surveyors and operators, to meet the needs of the Orica Quarry Services business.
- Drive a safety focused work culture where people are encouraged to speak up about risks.
- Provide outstanding customer service through the receipt and coordination of blasting services, and hands on daily team scheduling.
- Manage logistics of raw materials to site, fixed plant assets and mobile equipment.
- Manage and drive operational training and development plans.
- Key point of contact for customer relationships.
What you will bring
- Proven relationship building, and the ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service within a changing customer environment
- Ability to lead, develop, influence and motivate a team of individuals
- 5+ years in an overall Site Supervisory, management or leadership role within operations
- Exposure to Drill and Blast or Quarrying is preferable, but not essential
- Ability to provide relief Surveying / Shotfiring and Operating duties within blasting would be desirable, but not essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including report writing and generation
- Intermediate computer skills, preferably around Microsoft, SAP and Lotus notes
What they offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary packages.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training.Click Apply for Mining Site Supervisor Orica Drill Blast Quarry Railton