Site Diesel Fitter – Yarrabee Mine Jobs, QLD
Carry out all tasks associated with the Yarrabee Labour Agreement that may be required, in a safe and proficient manner.
Primary role is to provide Mechanical Repairs and Maintenance pertaining to Komatsu 830E-1AC Electric Drive Trucks, WA900-3 Loaders, PC4000-6 Excavators, HD605-7 Service Trucks and be available to work within your competencies on other OEM Equipment as required by the Customer. Work will be site based in Yarrabee on a Drive in / Drive Out basis.
The roster will be 7 On / 7 Off; comprising 10.5 hour day shifts.
There is the option to drive in / drive out from other regional towns prior to shift commencing and back after shift. Accommodation in nearby Blackwater is provided.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical understanding of the design & function of Komatsu equipment. You will be responsible for machine diagnostics and repairs, as well as testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems utilizing relevant literature and testing equipment.
You will assist the Yarrabee Maintenance Team in daily, weekly and long term planning of the maintenance schedules and workload by actively engaging in positive two way communication including the submission of Time sheets, Shift Log, Service Reports and PM Sheets. Assist in the ordering/ dispatching of parts by filling in correct paperwork including field service reports and warranty forms. Ensuring core parts cleaned and packed correctly.
To be considered for this position you must have
- Trade Qualified as a Diesel Fitter / Mechanic or Equivalent.
- Must possess a Qld Drivers’ License
- Must have or be able to obtain a Qld Coal Board Medical that does not restrictions on required duties
- Must have or be able to obtain a the Qld Black Coal Generic Induction (Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*)
- Have an excellent understanding and commitment to Safety and the Environment.
- Must have well developed written and oral skills.
- The ability to communicate with the Customer, Komatsu and Site Personnel.
- Ability to work with the minimum of Supervision in a Safe and Efficient manner.
- Must have the appropriate demeanor to create and work in a positive team atmosphere.
- Have a high level attitude for continuous Improvement within your Field of Expertise.
- Previous experience on Komatsu 830E-1AC, WA900-3 and PC4000 would be advantageous
- Previous experience on SAP Maintenance Systems would be advantageous
- National Accredited Skills such as Aircon, Forklift and Crane Tickets would be advantageous.
- High level of Auto Electrical Skills.
How to apply
To apply please click on the “Apply” button below and complete online application form.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Mining Site Diesel Fitter Jobs Yarrabee Mine QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.