Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Site Diesel Fitter – Yarrabee Mine Jobs, QLD
Carry out all tasks associated with the Yarrabee Labour Agreement that may be required, in a safe and proficient manner.
Primary role is to provide Mechanical Repairs and Maintenance pertaining to Komatsu 830E-1AC Electric Drive Trucks, WA900-3 Loaders, PC4000-6 Excavators, HD605-7 Service Trucks and be available to work within your competencies on other OEM Equipment as required by the Customer. Work will be site based in Yarrabee on a Drive in / Drive Out basis.
The roster will be 7 On / 7 Off; comprising 10.5 hour day shifts.
There is the option to drive in / drive out from other regional towns prior to shift commencing and back after shift. Accommodation in nearby Blackwater is provided.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical understanding of the design & function of Komatsu equipment. You will be responsible for machine diagnostics and repairs, as well as testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems utilizing relevant literature and testing equipment.
You will assist the Yarrabee Maintenance Team in daily, weekly and long term planning of the maintenance schedules and workload by actively engaging in positive two way communication including the submission of Time sheets, Shift Log, Service Reports and PM Sheets. Assist in the ordering/ dispatching of parts by filling in correct paperwork including field service reports and warranty forms. Ensuring core parts cleaned and packed correctly.
To be considered for this position you must have
- Trade Qualified as a Diesel Fitter / Mechanic or Equivalent.
- Must possess a Qld Drivers’ License
- Must have or be able to obtain a Qld Coal Board Medical that does not restrictions on required duties
- Must have or be able to obtain a the Qld Black Coal Generic Induction (Standard 11 Induction Training)
- Have an excellent understanding and commitment to Safety and the Environment.
- Must have well developed written and oral skills.
- The ability to communicate with the Customer, Komatsu and Site Personnel.
- Ability to work with the minimum of Supervision in a Safe and Efficient manner.
- Must have the appropriate demeanor to create and work in a positive team atmosphere.
- Have a high level attitude for continuous Improvement within your Field of Expertise.
- Previous experience on Komatsu 830E-1AC, WA900-3 and PC4000 would be advantageous
- Previous experience on SAP Maintenance Systems would be advantageous
- National Accredited Skills such as Aircon, Forklift and Crane Tickets would be advantageous.
- High level of Auto Electrical Skills.
How to apply
To apply please click on the “Apply” button below and complete online application form.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Mining Site Diesel Fitter Jobs Yarrabee Mine QLD
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website