Mining Quarry Manager – Queensland
The Sunshine Coast region will experience significant development in the coming years, and with this, an increase for the demand of professional, strategic and streamlined quarry services.
Sunshine Coast Council are seeking an experienced Quarry Manager to manage all aspects of Quarry and Asphalt Production Services whilst conducting a total review of operations, efficiency and operating business model to enable recommendation of a future strategic direction to Council.
This role presents a rewarding opportunity for a mining professional who throughout their career has gained foundational knowledge of all quarry operations, and along with this has proven experience in the management and improvement of quarry processes.
As someone who will have a high level of involvement in the region’s priority projects, you will possess strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to build effective relationships and teams, and develop strong connections with stakeholders. The ability to provide strategic insight into the business of quarry services will also be a strength of yours, as will be your high level skills in project and finance management.
As a requirement of this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in related discipline
- Eligibility for certification as Site Senior Executive (SSE) in accordance with the Mining & Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999 and Regulation 2001
- A Certificate IV of Surface Operations Management (RII's [...Learn about RII's]RIS501D)
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and committed workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits which include but are not limited to:
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Salary Packaging
- Pay you 17.5% loading when taking annual leave
(4 weeks entitlement per year)
- Development opportunities through corporate learning and development programs
- Study Assistance
- Discounted health related memberships and other well being initiatives
- Corporate Healthcare
- Generous Superannuation benefits – Council will also contribute 12% Superannuation in addition to your 6% superannuation contribution
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
How to apply
For full details regarding this position and what to include in your application, refer to the Position Profile. Alternatively, click “Apply for this job” and follow prompts to complete your application.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Mining Quarry Manager Asphalt Production Queensland