Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Project Manager Dawson South
Mining Project Manager Coal Mine Bowen Basin QLD
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They are offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. The life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so there clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to there success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. The culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
As their next Mining Manager reporting to the Project Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The Dawson South Coal Mine is in the lower Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 140 kilometers southwest of Gladstone just outside Moura
About the Role
As the Mining Manager at Dawson South your key focus will be to lead the mining production team to achieve outstanding results in:
- Quality, and
- Cost management
Your duties will include:
- Delivering individual and team production targets through a cooperative approach within the workforce
- Providing effective operational and technical leadership to the production department
- Assisting and advising the project manager with the running of the Dawson South operation and assuming site leadership accountability in the absence of the project manager.
You will also be involved in people management, coaching and staff development, which will include mentoring the mining supervisors to assist with their continuous improvement and personal development.
Mining Project Manager Coal Mine Bowen Basin QLD
What skills and experience do you need?
- Previous experience in a similar role with proven success working as production manager are crucial to your success in this role.
- You will possess highly developed communication and cost management skills combined with a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
- You will have advanced leadership skills, financial acumen with a great awareness of contractual obligations.
- Technical services and engineering experience will be looked upon favourably.
- 5/2 Roster
How to Apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please click the Apply Button below.
Apply for Mining Project Manager Coal Mine Bowen Basin QLD
Thiess is an international organization with a diverse workforce enriched by an inclusive work environment, accessible to all. thet leverage the diversity of workforce to continually innovate and deliver world class projects for the clients. Thiess encourages applications from people who contribute to diverse workforce and align with cultural values.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list