Mining Production Supervisor/ OCE – Bluff Coal
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specializing in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Operations span across Australia and South America.
Strive to be the best by investing in people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding clients’ needs. Commitment to ensuring they deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centers on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometers east of Blackwater.
An opportunity has become available for a proficient Mining Production Supervisor/OCE to join our leadership team. Reporting to the Production Superintendent, you will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the production crews to safely execute the mine plan on time and on budget. Your strong desire to optimize equipment performance and work with your team to ensure they are delivering their best will see you well placed for success.
- Coordinate and maximize the effectiveness of personnel, equipment and resources to execute the mining production plan to achieve daily production targets and KPI’s and reduce downtime;
- Conduct statutory inspections of an open cut mining operation and be actively involved in field leadership activities;
- Support day to day activities, providing direction to production crews, ensuring effective shift handovers, prestart and toolbox meetings;
- Plan and execute crew change overs to ensure that the alternating Production crews have the correct knowledge of possible incidents, safety and training issues or requirements and general site events and conditions, including changes to the mine plan that have happened while the crew have been on RnR;
- Operate equipment during hot seating when necessary to ensure maximum production time is achieved each shift;
- Lead and/or participate in incident investigations using ICAM methodology;
- Liaise with the Production Superintendent to establish training initiatives to provide the skills required to meet the project’s needs.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 7/7 roster, day and night shift rotation;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Extensive OCE supervisory and mine production experience in an open cut coal mining environment;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are a must, allowing you to build relationships across the team and departments;
- A solid background in the operation of large scale mobile mining equipment (including Liebherr, Hitachi, Komatsu, Caterpillar);
- Working knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999 and Coal Mining Safety & Health Regulation 2017;
- Extensive knowledge of the QLD Explosives Act 1999 and the QLD Explosives Regulation 2017;
- Current Queensland Open Cut Examiner certificate essential;
- S123 and G2 competencies, a current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for Mining and Civil Australia:
- Put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- Strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of employees, clients and investors.
- Recognize the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- Show leadership and take responsibility for Community.
- Provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- They recognize and reward people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, they recognize that they are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. They are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.Apply for Mining Production Supervisor Bluff Coal Mine Job Coalfields
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.