See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Production Operators – Goonyella
$44.06 flat rate + Benefits
About the Company
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
We are currently seeking experienced Mining Production Operators at Goonyella Riverside Mine.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s project requirements, whilst operating mobile plant equipment. You will utilise your previous skills and experience to become an enthusiastic, motivated and reliable team member. You must possess a commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement principles with the ability to participate in a multi-skilled environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Solid experience operating mobile plant including electric trucks (830E, 930E), dozers, graders and excavators
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Core Induction certificate
- Production and safety oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 4 on/ 4 off roster
- Camp accommodation
- Bus in, Bus out from Mackay
- Competitive remuneration with a leading mining contractor
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- A diverse and supportive work environment.
How to Apply?
Hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity!
or if you’d prefer, go to the SEEK website to find out more about the Mining Production Operators – Goonyella
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website