Mining Production Operators – Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specializing in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. There operations span across Australia and South America.
Strive to be the best by investing in their people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding their clients’ needs. Their commitment to ensuring they deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centers on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the exciting new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometer east of Blackwater.
They have opportunities available for experienced Production Operators to join the team.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor/ OCE, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-start checks to ensure the machine is safe to operate;
- Operating plant in an efficient and effective manner to achieve the shift production targets;
- Reporting any faults and defects of plant immediately to the Supervisor;
- Reporting all hazards, incidents, near misses and accidents immediately to the Supervisor;
- Carrying out any other tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 7/7 roster, day and night shift rotation;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience in a similar production role within an open cut coal mining environment;
- Extensive practical experience in the operation of Liebherr, Hitachi, Caterpillar & Komatsu heavy mobile mining equipment including excavators, dozers, graders and electric and mechanical drive trucks in an open cut mining environment
- Proven ability to build solid working relationships with key stakeholders and interact with people at all levels
- Current and relevant units of mining RII's [...Learn about RII's] competencies
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for Mining and Civil Australia:
- Put People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- Strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of employees, clients and investors.
- Recognize the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- Show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- Provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- Recognize and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, they recognize that they are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. They are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mining Production Operators Bluff Coal Mine Project Rockhampton
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.